Health and fitness fads come and go all the time but unfortunately not all of them are worth your time and effort. Some of them don’t work, some of them are overhyped and some of them are just plain dangerous.
But ‘functional strength’ is different. While functional strength is very much in vogue right now, it’s not a ‘fad’ by any means. In fact, functional strength is the opposite of a fad and it’s a step in the right direction for all of fitness.
That’s because functional strength take it all back: takes it all back to the reasons that most of us started training in the first place. Or at least the reasons you should be training.
Below is the list of chapters that you are about to experience:
- Chapter 1: What is Functional Strength?
- Chapter 2: The 7 Primal Movements
- Chapter 3: Relax Into Stretch and ‘Foam Rolling’
- Chapter 4: Functional Strength Training Tools: Kettlebells, Indian Clubs and More
- Chapter 5: Bodyweight Training for Strength to Weight Ratio
- Chapter 6: Overcoming Isometrics and Grip Strength
- Chapter 7: HIIT
- Chapter 8: Is There Any Place Left for Resistance Machines?
- Chapter 9: CrossFit: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Chapter 10: Diet for Functional Strength
- Chapter 11: Conclusion – Creating Your Program